A new knitting and crochet retreat for crafters of all levels, brought to you by The Crochet Chain and Crates of Wool.
Reservations now open!! Click Here to reserve your place (deposit payable) this link takes you to the Crates of Wool Website
Join us on 14th and 15th March 2020 for a weekend of woolly fun: 2 days of crafting and relaxation in beautiful surroundings. With workshops being led by Jane Crowfoot (Janie Crow), Jon Dunn-Balham (EasyKnits), Diana Bensted (The Crochet Chain) and Deb Cunningham (Crates of Wool) and an after-dinner talk by Jane Lithgow.
- Meet after Breakfast on Saturday 14th March
- Saturday morning - workshops with Jon Dunn-Balham or Diana Bensted
- Saturday afternoon - Crafternoon - practice the techniques learned in the morning or have a try at some new skills. We'll have spinning wheels, spindles, rigid heddle weaving looms, knitting, crochet and more.
- Saturday evening - dinner and after-dinner speaker - Jane Lithgow
- Sunday morning - workshops with Jane Crowfoot or Deb Cunningham
- Sunday afternoon - show and tell / problem-solving session: work on the projects inspired by the workshops, or work with the hosts to help with techniques learned in the workshops or for advice on other areas of your crafting
- Our mini market-place will be open both days
This schedule is subject to minor changes as we finalise details.
You’ll receive a tool bag containing yarn for your workshops, a skein of hand-dyed yarn in a unique WoollyAway colourway, patterns and accessories.
Location: The Manor of Groves hotel, High Wych, Sawbridgeworth
Accommodation: a room to yourself for Saturday night at Manor of Groves. (Please state in the "Special Instructions to Seller" box whether you have a preference for a double or twin-bedded room.) A room for Friday night is bookable direct with the hotel at £89 extra.
Meals provided: lunch on Saturday and Sunday, Saturday evening meal, Sunday breakfast, mid-morning and afternoon snacks, tea, coffee and water.
About Manor of Groves: set in 150 acres of Hertfordshire countryside, Manor of Groves is a beautiful neoclassical Manor house with all modern conveniences. All meeting and bedrooms are fully accessible. Bedrooms are equipped with internet access, tea making facilities and satellite TV. Guests also have full access to the Leisure Club.
- Secure your place with a £50 non-refundable deposit.
- Balance of £345 is payable by 15th January 2020 (total retreat price - £395)
- Workshops will be bookable in December 2020, following receipt of your deposit